BAM! Massive New Palm Trees Placed at Tresidder

DSC03744.jpg
Apparently, Mr. Arrillaga didn’t think we had enough already…

DSC03745.jpg

5 Responses to “BAM! Massive New Palm Trees Placed at Tresidder”

1. bradley says:

we’re so ostentatious that sometimes it makes me cringe.

2. Megan Miller says:

On my bike ride to work last week, I saw these palm trees, laying out on
    big flat-bed trucks over by the parking garage at Stock Farm. I thought,
    “So THIS is how Stanford gets all those big palm trees! I should take a
    picture of this” (and didn’t, unfortunately), and also thought, “I wonder
    where they are planting these.” Then suddenly a big hole appeared where the
    Tresidder Bollards used to be, and the palm trees were planted.

3. Anonymous says:

I USED TO BIKE THERE!! HOW DO THEY EXPECT ME TO GET TO CLASSES NOW!?
    ugh!

4. Galen says:

Megan and I asked Grounds where the palm trees come from. Here’s what they
    said!
    —-
    Our palm trees are either purchased or they have on occasion been donated.
    We buy them from nurseries or people who have palm trees that meet our
    specifications. (Canary Island Palms of the correct size and height.) We
    hire a contractor to go dig them out, transport them to campus and plant
    them where we need them.
    Large palm trees require backhoes and cranes to get them here and to stand
    them up and plant. Irrigation needs to be established for each palm and we
    hand water it for the first month after transplant. Then we monitor them on
    a weekly to monthly basis to insure that we are giving it enough water.
    After the first year the tree is put on the normal maintenance schedule
    which includes automatic watering and pruning once every four years or as
    may be needed.

5. Dan says:

I have 2 big queen palms in Los Angeles that i want to replace with birtch…is it likely i could find a buyer?