My P.O. Box

DSCF2406.JPG
This is my P.O. box. 11247. Now, I don’t know how many of you give your P.O. box much thoughts. But I certainly do. Especially as a graduating senior, I have quite a few poignant thoughts about my P.O. Box. Let me share them with you.
Firstly, one of the biggest regrets I have at Stanford: I never got to figure out who my neighbors are. Who are you, 11257? Do you ever check your P.O. box, 11246? And why is it that I have never run into 11248 in the past 4 years? Didn’t you ever yearn to know who shares the P.O. box next to you? I did. I even entertained the romantic (and ridiculous) thought that 11237 could be THE ONE. That could definitely make a classic chick-flick.
Of course, my P.O. box did piss me off sometimes. Those days when I get the university bills. Those days when my P.O. box remained empty although I was eagerly awaiting the green card to pick up a package for my online purchase. Those days when my P.O. box contained only junk mails.
But 11247 definitely gave me some unforgettable sweet memories too. Unexpected surprise letters and greeting cards from friends back home. Notice to pick up a book I bought on booksamillion.com instead of getting ripped at the bookstore. Paychecks before “Kronos” came to Axess.
In less than 2 months, I will no longer be the owner of 11247. Maybe I’m just overly emotional (as usual). But I actually feel a little sad. Thank you for being there for me for the past four years, 11247. And for readers out there who have actually met your P.O. box neighbors in real life, count yourself fortunate. Be nice and say hi.
I don’t know who’s going to be the new owner of 11247 after I leave. But whoever you are, be nice to him.

2 Responses to “My P.O. Box”

1. Galen says:

that’s hilarious. i’ve never gotten sentimental about my po box… :)

2. Rahul Thathoo says:

Nicely done! Love this ‘pause and think about something we take for granted’ post! Funny how such thoughts come only at the end of the journey!