Segments from the Stanford Current

Stanford%20Current%20Logo%20copy.jpg
Below are segments from the campus radio news show, the Stanford Current, from the 4/23 broadcast on KZSU 90.1.
Included in the segments is “Your World This Week,” headlines from the Stanford bubble and beyond. Also, check out “Question of the Week,” where we ask Stanford students a question of campus interest. This week’s question: “Did the Three Ex-Terrorists generate constructive dialogue?” And lastly, an interview with Peter Scheer, executive director of the California First Amendment Coalition. He’ll be discussing who is a journalist in light of Josh Wolf and the surrounding legal questions.
You can listen to the entire broadcast here.

6 Responses to “Segments from the Stanford Current”

1. Siddhartha says:

Just out of curiosity, what is the Stanford Channel? As a ProFro, I was interviewed for it this past weekend and was wondering where I could see the clips!

2. Anthony Sanchez says:

You may be referring to the Stanford Cardinal Broadcasting Network, who do television. You can find them at scbn.stanford.edu.
    The Stanford Current is Stanford’s radio news show on KZSU 90.1 FM.

3. Siddhartha says:

Thanks Anthony! Judging by the way their website is set up, I assume that there is no way to view SCBN off campus?

4. Anthony Sanchez says:

They sometimes post their content on Youtube. Do a search for Stanford Spotlight. However, I didn’t see Admit Weekend footage yet.
    Take care and congratulations on getting into Stanford!

5. Siddhartha says:

Thanks, again!

6. Josh Wolf says:

Hi, thanks for covering my case and having Peter Scheer on your program. While I can empathize with the point he makes about refusing to aid the government when there actually is a confidentiality issue concerned, the fact of the matter is that I offered to allow the judge an opportunity to screen the material and see for himself that I didn’t capture the incident under investigation. The judge refused to fulfill this role.
    I think it is inappropriate for a journalist to have to enter a secret government body to prove that he doesn’t have any information that needs to be protected, and while I always knew that there was nothing sensitive on the tape, I can’t say with any assurance that the questions the government planned to put before me would not have invoked confidentiality issues and I’m inclined to think that it would. According to the US Attorney spokesperson Luke MacCaully the government was seeking my testimony to, “identify potential witnesses;” not potential suspects but simply those participants at the demonstration who were there and sought to remain anonymous.