Technological Breakthrough!

I was walking pass Braun Music Center today and I discovered a technological breakthrough at Stanford: the Music Department has finally replaced the old announcement banner to a “high tech” LED display board!
DSCF2412.JPG
This apparent technological breakthrough seems pretty embarrassing to me. As a premier institution which name is often synonymous with the development of some of the most cutting edge technology in our society today, it baffles me that the university remains “primitive” in several aspects.
The other day, I also had to hand-write all the classes I’ve taken for my major and turn in a paper copy (wasting paper) to have my graduation approved. Already, I am not the most tech-savvy person. Yet, even I think (and know) that some processes can be made easier for both students and university administrators if we try to explore new ways of doing things which are clearly more efficient than the traditional “paper and pen” method.
I’m sorry if I’m sounding too cynical or bitter. At any rate, yay for the music department! No more hassle of changing the announcements on the banner every so often again. =)

3 Responses to “Technological Breakthrough!”

1. Megan Miller says:

Yeah, this is really exciting, though I think it’s a little small… eh. I guess all that matters is that it’s readable.

2. Ina says:

good find!

3. Ryan says:

Tell me about it. They really need to get it together.It is stanford after all…jeez. I didn’t think anyone wrote with pencils anymore. If you’re bored go check out my GF’s site
    http://www.squidoo.com/freeringtones-online/