I have been staring at the screen this morning, changing a word here and there, but basically blocked.
Things I have done to try to unblock myself:
- used OCLC to see if there were more books I could get on my topic
- washed the dishes
- made myself a pot of tea
- started cleaning the stove top
- while I’m at it I might as well start to clean the gap under the stove top and above the oven
- clean several of the metal thingies that you put under the burners with baking soda (can’t remember what they’re called)
- consider whether or not I should do some more data analysis (maybe construct another image, graph, or chart)
- post here
I’m still blocked – this is the worst part – I have the data analyized for this chapter, but the write up is painful. During my first year theory seminar the prof mentioned that when he was writing his dissertation he kept cleaning his car so maybe my behavior is normal.