John Doerr on Global Warming: “I don’t think we’re going to make it.”

TED Talks today released an amazing and passionate talk by famed Silicon Valley venture capitalist John Doerr today. In it, he discusses his efforts and those of his company to understand where we are and where we need to be in order to solve the climate crisis. Prognosis: Terrible. At the end of the presentation, he’s so choked up, he can’t speak.
This is a fantastic video, and a powerful call to action. Share it with friends!

“Policy is paramount.” California has capped emissions. “But it’s not enough.”

2 Responses to “John Doerr on Global Warming: “I don’t think we’re going to make it.””

1. Megan says:

wow. that’s incredible. I remember when I was little, I was so excited about sustainability — I wanted to get into solar panels, made little bio-ecosphere things, studied the oceans and skies — science was such a rich and beautiful way to connect to the world….. and now… even after my Stanford education, Hurricane Katrina, The Inconvenient Truth, now, finally, when I’m living on my own, making choices, I forget. Are we all jaded? He’s right, it’s not enough, and it IS really hard to make this a priority. It shows the faults of humankind in our inability to mobilize over this.
    But on a lighter note, way to go Stanford for the strides it’s made in sustainability this year. I think Stanford should install solar panels on it’s roof-tops…among other things…

2. global warming says:

I just came across your blog about Global Warming and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a blog about Global Warming Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!