Mika Brzezinski of MSNBC refuses to run Paris Hilton story

Fed up with the horrendous media circus surrounding Paris Hilton, Mika Brzezinski of MSNBC refused yesterday morning to let the story be the program’s lead, going so far as to attempt to light it on fire. Failing that, she rips it into pieces and then shreds the remaining document in her shredder machine. Thank God someone finally snapped.

6 Responses to “Mika Brzezinski of MSNBC refuses to run Paris Hilton story”

1. frewuigi says:

Hooooraayyy
    thanks for doing us a big favour and having the temerity and guts to stand up to the producer product demand . You do beleive in sanity , dignity and saving the planet from the Paris Hilton media magnifier onslaught.
    Ironically you are doing Ms Hilton a favour to -for better or worse .
    Ms B for president of the network .

2. drummerjack says:

It’s about time someone quit calling the antics of a rich, spoiled, irresponsible,out of control brat as news. I applaud Mika. Lets focus on real news.

3. Francisco says:

I totally agree drummerjack, there are more important things going on around the world to keep a slutty rich girl run television.

4. Caley says:

I think it’s awesome she did this. The two guys are scared out of their wits to try anything and she’s the only one willing to take a stand. There are more important things than rich heiresses who do nothing but sit and spend money that they never earned in the first place.
    She deserved everything she got, and Mika is now one of my heros. Good for her.

5. Drew says:

OK, I agree with Mika’s Rant about leading with Paris Hilton, but what I suspect is there was a bit of theater involved. First off, threatening to use a lighter to set fire to a script was a really bad idea. I know she never would have done it because the consequences were dangerous to everyone in the studio. Besides, how many co-anchors just happen to have a cigarette lighter within reach? After wrestling over the lighter, Mika then decides the shred the script. There was a shredder near the set. Huh? I know every piece of equipment that should be on a news set and a shredder isn’t one of them. As it turns out, the shredder actually came from the office of a senior MSNBC editorial executive. How convenient. Third, Mika very publicly rips apart Andy Jones … her show producer. If Mr. or Ms. Jones actually exists, Mika has made a very powerful enemy. Show producers can … and have … ended the careers of “talent”. I believe her producer is still employed and his or her name ain’t Andy Jones. My conclusion: The Mika Outrage was a contrived “bit”. The content of Mika’s Outrage reflected what most of us think of Ms. Hilton, but the method of delivery was a page from the Shock and Awe playbook of … Paris Hilton.

6. Julianna says:

I agree with Drew. Although I appload what Mika did, I do believe it was staged. Why wouldn’t they go to a commercial or something if that was just happening spur of the moment. It just seems to convienent that all those props were available to Mika and no one stopped her rant. But even if it was staged, it deserves to be applauded.