More On That Stupid Law

Some might be wondering why I was so mad last night. Here’s a little more info.
I’ve had my car towed for this once before–in front of my own place! I ended up having to pay almost $700 in storage fees. No, it wasn’t parked there for months or even weeks for that matter. After many, many months, I got over that. I now force myself to drive to the store when I would normally bike (yeah, great anti-environment law!).
I know which cars live in the house that complained and they were parked two cars away from where my car was parked. That’s pretty darn annoying in itself. But what really bothers me is that I tend to be in lab from 8am until about 8pm so when I force myself to drive to the store it’s around 9pm. When I get back tfrom the store, my previous spot is usually still available. That’s what happened this time. The people left a note that couldn’t have been there for more than 24 hours. I know, because I used my car on Tuesday evening and saw no such note. They then called the police to complain despite my car not being there for 72 hours consecutively. Even by the standard of the law, I should not have received a warning as my car was definitely moved less than 48 hours prior to the warning. That’s infuriating. Apparently, I now have to v-log every time I drive my car.
What aggrevates about this law, is that I can’t park my care anywhere near these people’s house and go on a weeklong vacation or even a long weekend trip. It doesn’t matter that I live on that street. I could understand if the car was there for a month, but we are talking days. (I’ll post a image of my “Tow Warning” once I scan it)

3 Responses to “More On That Stupid Law”

1. Koko says:

I would absolutely love to see that note – you should post it to “passive agressive notes from neighbors, roommates…” The site has give me hours of laughs. Hopefully this will put a smile on your face too.
    http://passiveaggressivenotes.wordpress.com/

2. Can Sar says:

Yeah, my car was towed after leaving it on Stanford ave for 5 days when I was gone for 10 days – I was going to have a friend move it after 6 days and by the time they noticed that it was gone and I had collected all the information necessary to have them retrieve the car I had to pay $650.

3. Jeff says:

This may sound silly… but have you tried talking to these neighbors?