Campus Entrepreneurship Reaches New Low (or High or Whatever)

(From the Facebook bulletin board thing.)
I’m not sure if this is real or not, but it’s pretty good either way.

Stanford Student IKEA Shopping Spree! (palo alto)
Reply to: [redacted]
Date: 2007-09-18, 11:56PM PDT
Are you moving into a new dorm or house at Stanford? Is it horribly tacky and in dire need of decoration? Do you not have a truck? Then this is for you.
For a flat fee, this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, we provide:

• pickup at your dorm
  • chauffered drive in a late model Jaguar to Palo Alto IKEA
  • 3 hours of shopping time for you to get EVERYTHING you could want
  • design advice for your living space (caveat: no promises here, we’re 2 guys)
  • pickup of all materials, no matter how big and unwieldy
  • chauffered drive in late model Jaguar back to your dorm room
  • delivery of said items TO YOUR DORM ROOM in our truck/trailer
  • ACTUALLY SETTING UP ALL YOUR STUFF so you don’t have to touch a screwdriver

Meaning that you don’t have to think about a thing, just getting what you want, in your dorm, in one day. No gas, no hidden fees, no tax, no nothing, just peace of mind.
I am a current Stanford Junior, and my colleague is a recent Stanford alum (with a truck) looking for a little manual labor on the side when he isn’t designing Facebook applications. I worked on campus this entire summer, and have LOADS of previous moving experience, both intra-California and cross country. We know the area and the people at Stanford like the back of our hands.
$150 includes absolutely everything: our time, our delivery, our setup, and you can even listen to whatever music you want on the drive to/from IKEA.
Email with questions. Come on people, I need to pay for my books too! Help a fellow student out, and save yourself from a drab room!

I wouldn’t take design advice from these fellows if their “services” were free. And why exactly does one need “LOADS” of previous moving experience to set up an Ikea hemispherical chair thing? And how did he get that Jag/where can I get one?

One Response to “Campus Entrepreneurship Reaches New Low (or High or Whatever)”

1. Jason says:

I love it. This is great stuff and I’m sure they’ll find some kids who have a little disposable income and aversion to moving who will sign up.