Matthew and Jessica Flannery, Founders of Kiva.org

Matthew and Jessica Flannery are founders of Kiva.org, what the New York Times calls “D.I.Y. foreign aid

MP3 File Subscribe via iTunes Add to del.icio.us

Great things are afoot at Kiva, featured today on Oprah alongside Bill Clinton.
Kiva is a person-to-person microcredit lending platform which allows any individual in the world to be a banker to the poor: it does this by connecting the working poor with microloans from anyone in the world.
Kiva straddles innovative intersections, and does it well. By combining philanthropic motivations with the marketplace, Kiva is entrepreneurial, rigorous, capitalistic, and charitable all at once.
iinnovate caught up with Matt and Jessica Flannery for an insightful chat on how it all started, the experience of starting an endeavor as a husband-wife team, as well as Kiva’s challenges, successes, and future directions.
– Nir Eyal and Min Li Chan of iinnovate

One Response to “Matthew and Jessica Flannery, Founders of Kiva.org”

1. N. H. says:

Hi and thank you!
    I just found kiva.org and made my first investment! :)
    Not because I have money, but because I have a conscience!
    My next step was to check out the oprah website to see if you were there…fortunately you saved me from having to fill out the suggestions form! ;o
    However you are not listed on the microfinancing pages, yet…
    :)
    hmm, must work on that :)
    Best regards and good luck with Kiva!