Upset Roundup: “Whose House? Our House?”

There is no question. This campus was transformed by Stanford’s surprise win. I make no bones about being a huge Stanford fan, but this response shocked even me. I’ll be the first to say football should not be put on a pedestal, especially given our successes in other areas (Nobel Prizes, DARPA Challenge, #1 Women’s Soccer team, anyone?), but there was something cathartic about Saturday win and ensuring celebration. In fact, a stroll through White Plaza reveals the change:
photo.jpg\
Some estimate the crowd welcoming back the team at Arrillaga/Maples to be between 1,000 and 3,000 fans. Major shout out to my fellow AxeComm members, the ASSU, Stanford Athletics, and the administration for pulling it together on such short notice. If you judge the success of an event by attendees / hours notice, this may be the best party Stanford has seen in years. I heard even the Provost was there! Hah! Quarterback Tavita Pritchard called it “the most amazing thing I’ve seen on this campus since I’ve been there.”
And, while famed coach and ESPN analyst Lou Holtz would say Stanford needs to just as quickly move on and focus on Saturday’s game against TCU (2:00pm, Be there!), I can’t help but relive some of the amazing moments YouTube-style.

The Cardinal take down the #1/#2 U$C Trojans

Students in West Flo react to the win

Reaction at LSU’s Death Valley Stadium when the score was announced

Students mob the buses as they return to campus

Coach Jim Harbaugh’s speaks to the assembled fans

Not quite the Big Game Bonfire, but a fire in the Quad is still exciting

3 Responses to “Upset Roundup: “Whose House? Our House?””

1. David says:

Sorry, polizei here. who’s –> whose. A small mistake is one thing, but one in big title font is another. :-)

2. Troy says:

Wow. I guess we all fall at some point. Thank you.

3. jack says:

auto performance parts