Map of all edible fruit trees on campus

Pretty useful map. Leave some for the rest of us :) Click image for higher resolution.
[Update] It has been brought to my attention that this is incomplete and does not have all possible fruit tress on campus. So please do help! Tell us about any trees the map is missin in the comments :)
Botany Map.png

16 Responses to “Map of all edible fruit trees on campus”

1. Evan says:

Definitely incomplete! What about the lemon trees on either side of Mars?

2. C.J. says:

Yeah, there are lots of citrus trees in the history corner courtyard.

3. Mia says:

I thought there were kumquats behind FloMo’s dining hall

4. daniel says:

also what about the lemon tree in lag courtyard?

5. Adam Woodford says:

Stanford simply has the finest campus anywhere. Most of my father’s side of the family is from the South Bay area, and my visits were always made better by time spent in Palo Alto.

6. Katie says:

There’s a giant lemon tree in front of Kairos, and a smaller sibling lime tree next to it.

7. TUSGraphGuy’s Mom says:

Might be useful to have approximate harvesting dates for the trees listed. This is the most useful map of the campus ever.

8. Devika says:

This definitely makes me look forward to being a freshman, come September. Haha.

9. Filip says:

There is a tree in front of Meyer library on the Escondido side that has deep red fruits, when ripe, with spiky outer case but soft flesh. Does anybody know what is the name of it? And if it’s edible.

10. Zeleni says:

It would be nice to have a Google map or something we could edit and add to.

My old town has one here: http://is.gd/mhrFY6

This neighborhoodfruit site has a larger one with some Stanford trees already included: http://neighborhoodfruit.com/public_trees_view

Filip – I’ve seen several Strawberry Fruit trees around campus that match your description. Does it look like this?

If so, they are edible. Not the most delicious fruit, but worth trying.

11. Brittney says:

The tree in front of Meyer is called a strawberry tree. Its fruits are edible and they’re best when they’re a dark orange color – if you let them get too red they’re just mushy and don’t have as much flavor to them.

12. Stanford campus is awesome. says:

There’s also a pomegranate tree next to Adams and a lemon tree & orange tree in the Schiff courtyard πŸ˜€

13. Sarah says:

fig tree in encina courtyard. Ripe at the beginning through middle of fall quarter.
    Kumquats in the main quad.

14. Super Mario says:

we need to see an updated version !!!

15. LibraryKid says:

This is great! I grew up in Palo Alto and my parents worked at Stanford so I remember spending A LOT of time there as a child. When I was 10 or 11 I was exploring and found a group of trees with berries that were orange-yellowish and the size of a cherry. I was really hungry so I tasted one and it was delicious so I ended up eating a whole bunch. I live in the east coast now but I think back and I can’t believe I ate fruit off of a tree that I knew nothing about! Plus I had not told my parents because I wanted it to be a secret place where I could go and eat/daydream..LOL. Thanks for positing this, it brings back awesome memories and I have no idea what fruit this was or where the trees were located at anymore…was about 17 years ago!

16. Cristian – ediblecities.org says:

Hi All,

Nice job mapping the Stanford Campus… wanted to introduce a new urban edibles mapping tool at http://www.ediblecities.org – we think it does a nice job and better with respect to a straight google map.

If you’d like it to come up centered on standford, just bookmark the following:

the map is free, no need to register/ log we will keep improving it… mobile version coming next month.