Hidden Treasures: CCSR Cafe

The bustling CCSR cafe at lunchtime

My hidden treasures series would not be complete if it didn’t highlight one of the most important elements of student life at Stanford: food.  We are all aware of the not-so-secret Olives or the newly opened Coupa Cafe, but few have heard of Lutticken’s Deli.  Located on the ground floor of the architecturally awe-inspiring Center for Clinical Sciences Research (CCSR), the deli – also known as the CCSR Cafe – offers, in my opinion, a delectable lunchtime option.  Forget Subway, the CCSR Cafe can whip you up a mouthwatering sub that you can then sit and savor amidst the swaying bamboo and warm sunshine filtering into the outdoor lobby of the CCSR.  A perfect getaway from the Tressider (or in my case, Stern dining) scene, the CCSR Cafe is a gem – both for it’s economic and delicious mealtime options (I personally recommend the meatball sub, but that may be the Italian in me speaking…) and for its visually-stunning location.  Definitely worth the walk.

A night time view of the CCSR

Directions: Just head keep heading past the Clark Center (that building with the glass walls east of Campus Dr.) and it’ll be the second building on your left.  For superior directions, I suggest campus map (just type in CCSR as your search term).

3 Responses to “Hidden Treasures: CCSR Cafe”

1. Giancarlo says:

Hidden treasure indeed! Looks incredible

2. kevin says:

Awesome find. For awhile, I bemoaned Stanford’s lack of variety in on-campus eateries, but I guess I just wasn’t looking hard enough. I’ll definitely have to check this place out.

3. Peter says:

You didn’t even mention the best part, jalapeno bacon for 50 cents a slice. By far the best use of spare change on campus.