So This Is What a Terrorist Looks Like

After seeing this video clip, I was speechless. Not because I was amazed by its brilliance.or its ability to change the world for the better.  Sadly, no. I was speechless because it was the one of the most frightening things I have ever seen.

embedded by Embedded Video

YouTube Direkt

At first glance, this seems like a cheaply made parody of every other political ad that comes out during campaign season.  With such offensive racial stereotyping (notice the ethnicity of the “terrorist) and such inane comments as “Send me to Washington and I’ll send our enemies where they belong and that’s not to a courtroom,” it’s almost impossible to take it seriously.

Dan Fanelli is a republican candidate running in Florida to replace Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL).  On his website, he proudly endorses another misleading ad slamming the new health care bill, aka “Obamacare.”  Anyone visiting his website can see his 8 point plan, which includes requiring E-verification to end illegal immigration, or contribute to his campaign.

In any political race, it is expected that the candidates promote themselves by any means necessary, but this is beyond necessary.  Fanelli has basically said that he is pro racial profiling and the last time I checked, that wasn’t cool. Regardless of how funny this video is, it’s still disturbing.  There is someone out there who has the potential to become an elected official and make critical decisions regarding the future of the US believes this ad was a good idea  and that’s kind of scary.

But maybe I’m the one that’s wrong, this is supposed to be a post-racial America and I take that to mean equal opportunity racial profiling.  So maybe this is a warning to all the “rich good-looking” like Fanelli (his words, not mine) to be careful the next time they board the plane.  They’re starting to look a little suspicious in my opinion.