Ryan Mac: I Know What You Did This Summer

“I Know What You Did This Summer” continues onward. In keeping with the theme, the next interviewee is my wallmate from freshman year. Enjoy.

(Like before, feel free to send tips to stanfordblogging@gmail.com)

Ryan Mac

Ryan Mac

Ryan's own caption: "it's sideways CUZ IM ALTERNATIVE."

Question One: Who are you?

I’m Ryan Mac, rising senior in American Studies, minor in lazy.

Question Two: What are you doing this summer?

I’m working for a newspaper near my hometown, The Orange County Register. I’m an intern which means they get to work me as hard as they want, while paying me as little as they want. Kidding.

I have been filling in around the paper, doing a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I’ve covered everything from local interest stories to city council meetings to baseball games, so I have to keep on my toes. It’s been fantastic so far. One major advantage is being at home and being able to head straight to the beach after work. And the food.

Question Three: So what do you actually do?

Driving around chasing sources, checking facebook, making phone calls, checking facebook again, scrounging the office for free pizza. Earlier in the summer, I was able to catch a few minutes of the World Cup while working and even wrote a story about World Cup spectators. Sadly, those days are over.

Question Four: Other than work, what are you doing?

When the weather’s nice I head down to the beach, but it’s been hit and miss with the weather. I’ve been playing a lot of soccer lately and just hanging out with friends. When I get the time, I blog a little bit.

Question Five: Cream cheese or dinosaurs?

Dinosaurs. Do you think they could have made three Hollywood blockbusters off a story that involved extracting cream cheese DNA and then bringing that cream cheese back to life? Didn’t think so.

Thanks Ryan!