Caitlin Colgrove: I Know What You Did This Summer

It’s hard to believe we’re already half way through the summer, but even so, this series certainly isn’t done checking in with students about what they’ve been doing at “I Know What You Did This Summer.” Today is my shiftmate, Caitlin.

(Like before, feel free to send tips to stanfordblogging@gmail.com)

Caitlin Colgrove

Foreshadowing for question 5

We here at TUSB don't discriminate against sideways OR tilted images.

Question One: Who are you?

I’m Caitlin Colgrove, a rising junior in Computer Science.

Question Two: What are you doing this summer?

I’m working on the photos team at Facebook and am generally writing code. I’m focusing mostly on photos tagging and getting people to tag more photos. Tagged photos are viewed a lot more than untagged photos, so it really increases engagement with the site.

Question Three: So what do you actually do?

Probably coding. Other than that, I go to a lot of meetings, I eat a lot of food. I’ve been trying to RipStick. I’m not very good at it yet, but I haven’t gotten in any accidents.

Question Four: Other than work, what are you doing?

I’m section-leading CS106B this summer, which is a lot of fun as always. I’m also doing social dance in the evenings during the week. There’s a big dance every Friday, “Friday Night Waltz,” out in Palo Alto, and a lot of Stanford people go there.

Question Five: Cream cheese or dinosaurs?

Dinosaurs, definitely. Cream cheese is okay, but I’m not a big fan in general. I wouldn’t ride cream cheese.

Thanks Caitlin!