Eugenia Maluf: I Know What you Did this Summer

You don’t get to dress up in semi-authentic CaliforniaMex historical costumes for your summer internship, but Eugenia Maluf does. (That’s right. Be jealous.) She also teaches children about the history and ecology of the Presidio in San Francisco.

Eugenia Maluf '11 (center) and her co-workers dress up for a program

1. Who are you?

Who am I? I’m Eugenia motherfuckin’ Maluf, that’s who. Don’t ever forget it. I’m also a rising senior studying History and Spanish.

2. What are you doing this summer?

I am working for the National Park Service in San Francisco. I work with Group Programs and Community Outreach in the Presidio.

3. So what do you actually do?

I do many things. Three or four times a week, I lead or assist in education programs for youth groups who visit the Presidio and Crissy Field. So far, I’ve done programs about the Buffalo Soldiers, native plants of the Presidio, bugs, and the Spanish colonial period of San Francisco. I’ve also compiled lesson plans for many of the educational programs as well as improve learning materials for these programs. Sometimes, I even dress up in nineteenth century Mexican clothing and try to convince eight year olds that I am over 200 years old (they do not believe me).

4. Other than work, what are you doing?

I live in the Presidio, so I spend a lot of time getting bitchin’ views of the Golden Gate Bridge and the ocean. I also go to a lot of concerts, eat expensive sandwiches, judge people in the Mission, and do other things that some people would label, “pretentious” or “bougie.”

5. Cream cheese or Dinosaurs?

Dinosaurs. All day. Everyday.

One Response to “Eugenia Maluf: I Know What you Did this Summer”

1. Andrea says:

Eugenia Maluf: introducing profanity to the Stanford blog like it’s her day job.