Kesav Raghavan: I Know What You Did This Summer

Well, it sounds like the summer is very near the end. Classes have finished, and in a week, many 10-week internships will also be done. I’ll try to stretch into the September hiatus, but we’ll see if I can continue to find people for that. As such, email us (stanfordblogging@gmail.com) if you know anyone who wants to be interviewed. Because of my own standing, we’ve had a huge bias towards rising seniors, so underclassmen need to get your voice heard!

Today, we’ve got the first person who appeared on my facebook newsfeed, Kesav.

Kesav Raghavan

He isn't really shooting anything; it was just the first thing he found to hide behind.

Question One: Who are you?

I’m Kesav Raghavan, a Senior majoring in Biology and currently obsessed with playing on the Stanford Golf Course as much as possible.

Question Two: What are you doing this summer?

I was working at Gilead Sciences in Clinical Virology until today, studying different therapeutics for hepatitis C.

Question Three: So what do you actually do?

Basically I did benchwork, like performing PCR, isolating plasmid DNA, and making RNA, and I conducted cell-based assays. It’s kind of like working in a biology lab at Stanford. Except, this was in a large company where tons of people work together on projects, there is a lot more funding, etc. Working in industry is actually quite different from academics and it was a great experience!

Question Four: Other than work, what are you doing?

Now I’m heading off to Europe with my family and I’m super excited!!! We’re going to visit Paris and then travel to a bunch of places in Italy.

Question Five: Cream cheese or dinosaurs?

Dinosaurs for sure. No question about it. And I’d prefer a apatosaurus or brachiosaurus if it’s available.

Thanks Kesav!

One Response to “Kesav Raghavan: I Know What You Did This Summer”

1. Josh says:

Can we get someone to compile the stats on the classic cream cheese versus dinosaur debate? I think that might shed some light on the students at this university.

Or, perhaps an open poll is in order?