Respect Santa Clara County’s Authoritah!

I took the photo above about an hour ago, while passing through Roble. Apparently, Eric Cartman Gary Flagg, Santa Clara County building inspector, noticed, a month ago, that Stanford is turning Roble Gym into a theatre.* Gary wants to put a stop to it. Naughty, naughty Stanford!

Too bad that Roble has been a theatre for years, huh? And too bad that Gary is evidently on crack. Maybe he proposes to make Stanford turn it back into a gym?

People, particularly people who have never had to deal with bureaucracies for a living or been constantly harassed by idiot cops, sometimes wonder why I have a problem with authority. And my answer is this: authority is composed of a bunch of driveling mouth-breathers to whom some fool has given power. Sometimes they even have guns. (It’s a miracle more of the idiots don’t shoot themselves in the foot.)

Although… maybe this is a good thing. This may be the way to get rid of businesses that piss you off. Like, that one yuppie bike store on University Avenue was really snotty to me when I went in looking for a rain-proof bike light. (Apparently, a waterproof headlight costs $200. If, that is, you’re a gullible .commer with too much money to burn.) Perhaps I should give Gary a call and report them for existing, then he’ll come in and order them to stop.

—-
* And a theatre with a stage, no less!

2 Responses to “Respect Santa Clara County’s Authoritah!”

1. Mar says:

Paul Gowder, have my babies?

2. Paul G says:

I’m against children, but we could have a torrid affair.