Welcome everyone to the 2010-2011 academic school year! This school year stands to improve on all previous ones, mainly by tying for the most 1’s in the year since that great class of 1911. Being a ragtag bunch of students, we bloggers are just as pumped up about it and wanted to reward all of you fine readers for your loyalty in putting together our first of hopefully many contests. It’s simple: become a fan of us on facebook, and we’ll hold a drawing in 2 weeks for a $30 Amazon gift card to give to a random fan.
Okay, we admit it: we’re mainly interested in increasing the number of fans we have on facebook. But we still care about our loyal readers who go above and beyond clicking a button on facebook and actually read our contest. Hence, we’ll let you in on a scheme to increase your personal chance for benefitting from this contest*. It’s fairly simple:
- Become a facebook fan yourself if you aren’t already.
- Tell all of your friends that you know a get-rich-quick scheme but that you only want a small part of it (say, half of it).
- When they agree, suggest that they become a fan of us on facebook.
- Point them to this post so that they also do the same thing
Now you might be thinking, “Please, Kevin, I’m not a sucker for a pyramid scheme.” But it’s not! Technically, this idea is NOT based on the contributions of those who join down the line: the prize is a fixed amount. Besides, we like to think of it as “multi-level marketing,” or so wikipedia calls it. I’m simply offering a method of maximizing gains.
Anyways, back to important things**. Details on the contest follow:
- The prize is a $30 gift card to amazon.com. We will contact the winner via email or facebook or somehow.
- The deadline is Thursday, October 7th, 10PM. Or roughly around there. It’s whenever we get around to pulling down the list of fans, which will be sometime that night
- The winner will be picked almost entirely randomly from all facebook fans. I say almost because we need to exclude our staff from potential winners. What that does mean is that stanford student or not, undergrad or not, the rest of you are all eligible.
- I don’t think it’s really possible for one to have multiple facebook accounts, but if we think that you somehow are trying to game it that or any other way, we’ll frown heavily upon and potentially act accordingly.
- If you have any questions about the contest, contact us at email@example.com . I have never done anything like this before, so hopefully I’m not forgetting anything really important. I will update this page with any important details as they come up
If you missed the link, here it is again, and to the right sidebar in 2 places. Good luck, and visit us at the activities fair tomorrow!
* please don’t take this seriously. Except for the part about suggesting to your friends that they become fans
** you can pay attention again
(Edit: it’s $30. That was a bad typo)