Concrete jungle where dreams are made of

We at TUSB get a lot of strange requests, some good, some bad. Well, it looks like I have something good, as in less than 2 hours, I’m going to out and off to New York City to cover a press conference for Microsoft’s newest fancy, Windows Phone, and the following tech demo. Microsoft generously offered to cover travel costs for student bloggers to attend the event, and they must have recognized the great dedication, sincerity, and conscientiousness that is writing for The Unofficial Stanford Blog in giving me the opportunity to go.

My mind is still blown right now from our football team’s last-second win over USC, and I wasn’t planning on sleeping tonight at this point, so I’m currently less than coherent. Even so, expect to see some coverage over the next 2 days as TUSB hits the road to offer up something very different than I have ever seen. I will need a little help on 2 things, though.

First, if anyone knows anything I should do while in Manhattan, I should have some time to enjoy it. I’m mainly looking forward to the food, but we’ll see what happens.

Second, a few of us are also supposed to be interviewing Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft. It suffices to say that I am not a journalist and have no idea how to interview someone. If there’s anything in particular you want to know, leave a comment, and I’ll add that to my notes.

I might also be tweeting about things to get out quicker updates on what happens, so follow me there if you wish. If not (recommended), keep your eyes open for something exciting!