Overheard at Stanford…

You eavesdrop.  Don’t deny it.  I do it to.  Sure we consider it a “bad” thing to do, but sometimes you can’t even HELP it.  Like when the couple at the table next to you is having a heated argument or the girl you are walking by in the Quad is sobbing on the phone to her mother.  Eavesdropping is like a minute window into that person’s life at that moment in time.  What does it tell you about them?  What insights into their existence does it offer?

So on that note, I bring you “Overheard at Stanford,” my sporadic series detailing fun little tidbits that happen to cross my ears throughout the day.  Feel free to post your own — but keep it anonymous.  And maybe, just maybe, we will all gain greater insight into the creature we fondly call “the Stanford Student.”  Or at least get a good chuckle out of it.

Without further ado, here is today’s gem (and a nostalgic return to the joys of freshman year random roommate assignment):

Freshman girl to her friend:

Seriously?  She’s complaining about her roommate’s sleeping pattern?  You could have some crazy-ass roommate that takes pictures of you while you sleep or something.  I mean, chill the f*** out!

Hang in there freshie – she’s probably saving the night-time picture-taking for next quarter….

2 Responses to “Overheard at Stanford…”

1. StanfordChica says:

(girl bragging about her crush to a friend) “He’s a chem major and he took Math 52 for FUN….” Oh, baby. What a catch. 😉 Only at Stanford!

2. Rose says:

(girl talking about drama) Did you hear me throw the bottle? It was plastic, but I threw it for emphasis.
    (girl leaves, leaving a group of guys) Me: What’s up guys?
    Them: Oh, we’re just talking about manly things like power tools. and beer!