Here’s the finals week edition of “This Week in Stanford,” which I’ll use as an excuse for why this one will be somewhat abbreviated and late. I’m also not certain whether this feature will continue in the spring, but we’ll see whether it’s picked back up again in the spring.
- Xiaoze Xie, art professor, has some work on display at the Knoxville Museum
- Chris Mocko, runner alumnus, won the Napa Valley Marathon
- gigaom has a feature on PlugShare, a mobile app to connect people with plug-in cars with places to charge. It was developed by alumni Armen Petrosian and Forrest North
- Marcus Feldman, biology professor, has traced our origin to Bushmen in South Africa
- Gill Bejerano, professor of developmental biology, conducted a DNA study and discovered that human men lost the code for spiny penises
- Stanford comes in at #5 for the top universities by reputation according to Times Higher Education. Notably, Cal is #4. Corresponding article is here