Even though this seemed to disappear for (quite…) a while, this segment is back! I’m going to try to expand my news sources but for now here is the latest dish (pun absolutely intended) on the Stanford community –
- Children seem to mend men’s hearts! Dr. Michael Eisenberg of Stanford University and his fellow researchers found that men with children are less likely to have heart disease. They say infertility is warning sign, but I’m pretty sure a movie told me that love was the cure for a broken heart.
- The Stanford Endowment went up by 22%. Think of the possibilities. Maybe more gyms?
- Everything gets better when the Stanford faculty join a cause! Members of the university faculty and staff added their two cents to the “It Gets Better” LGBT support website.
- Stanford just opened a brand new Brain Tumor Center. I always feel like someone should add the words ‘prevention’ and ‘treatment’ to these places.
- I now know that college presidents can take Sabbaticals, since President Hennessey will be taking his own leave of absence part way into winter quarter.
- Building 4 has begun construction in SEQ. For those of you that don’t understand every abbreviation Stanford has to offer, the construction of the final building of the Engineering Quad (that last word makes so much more sense now) has begun.